print to novell print server

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:27:46 -0500

/_Mike, what kind of printer?  More info is always helpful.  If the
/_printer speaks TCP/IP you may well be able to just print to it directly
/_using lpr*.  The printers at work are various flavors of HP laser - they
/_talk IPX to Netware servers, Appletalk to the Macs and TCP/IP for the
/_rest.
/_
/_Is the printer hanging off of the server, or the network?
/_Steve
/_
The printers are all HP's. Here is the problem: I am in this office
on a short consulting stint; the IT guy is of little help. Not because
he doesn't want to be, but because of his limited skillset.

I tried doing tcp/ip to the printer(s), no luck. I was in need
of an upgrade on my notebook (such an old install), so that I now
have all of the ncpfs tools working. I can do a slist, etc etc. But
the minute I try to do something that requires authentication,
I get a permission denied error. He (it guy) says it works fine
for him, I say I get an authentication error. I am frustrated.

Is there anyway to sniff ipx? Maybe I can see whether my username and/or
password is getting sent incorrectly.

-Mike