Where to find cheap laptop

Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:04:45 -0700 (MST)

Am 15. Nov, 2002 schw=E4tzte Robert.Wultsch@asu.edu so:

> As I do own a car I spend about two a day on the bus to school (ASU and
> SCC). I would be interested in a 486'ish kind of laptop. All I want is a
> basic GUI that I can write papers, use a spreadsheet, or use the GCC...
>
> Any suggestions?

If you didn't find what you want at the swap meet today there are a few
places to score used laptops.

Drop into a Red 7 location, www.red7usa.com. They sell a variety of
off-lease laptops. ( Disclaimer: I'm on the board of directors for Red 7 )

I've seen ads for another place in town that has a similar setup. I think i=
was Memory, etc., which is now behind the Home Depot which is on Country
Club just south of the US 60.

Look through the Computer Buyer for local companies that deal in used
equipment.

There's also www.geeks.com and other on-line places. I know a few people
who've bought things from geeks.com. They've been happy with what they
bought.

Run Linux on an iPAQ :).

ciao,

der.hans