cox dhcp to ip masquerade

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Nov 2002 11:38:57 +0000

   What distro are you running?

   I have cox dhcp and have ipmasq running off a firewall that gives the
boxes behind the firewall internet access. I am running RH 7.3

   eth0 is set for cox dhcp, eth1 is set for 192.168.0.1, the boxes
behind this are set to 192.168.0.x and 192.168.0.x where x is anything
from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254.

   The gateway for all machines behind the firewall is 192.168.0.1

   The gateway for eth1 is cox dhcp ipaddress, everytime cox changes
your ip address, you have to change the gateway for eth1 to the new
value.

  I have to say that it took me a little time to get this set up running
correctly, now that it is, all I have to do to add another pc is
configure the new machine and that's it.

  Hope this helps --- I'll dig around and look where I got the firewall
scripts from, they work just great, and let you know.

  FrankM