Mandrake 9 - NO Internet NO Printer NO Scanner - HELP !

Tony Wasson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:48:07 -0700

>Net now sorted - was on network with sons cable modem, tried LAN, no good,
>tried it as main connection and it worked.
>Both printer and Scanner are usb. Both show up, NEITHER work. Config tool
>says Printer should be OK but ISN'T.
>Scanner comes out as "This scanner is not supported by this edition of
>Mandrake" and its the latest too -9. Phil K

I'm glad you are making progress! Please post the model and brand of scanner
and printer, and someone may be able to point you to some drivers. You might
even get to compile something from source. ;-)

I find it very useful to keep notes on how I setup the drivers and what
modules and options I used to setup my machine. Once I get comportable and
brave I redo it and see if I actually know what I did.