A+ Prep - was Potential PLUG Presentation?

Darrell Shandrow plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:24:01 -0700

Hi,

Please don't misunderstand me; I'm not intending to be anti-Linux or
anything.  I just think sometimes people go too far to the extreme in either
direction by either saying that all Linux or other open-source solutions are
bad, or that everything that is not Linux or open source is bad...  A
middle-ground is more realistic.

I think A+ is a decent, very entry-level certification.  I'm not interested
in the Microsoft certs at this time; don't think the Microsoft propaganda is
worth it since I primarily administer Linux and sometimes other UNIX
platforms.

I see some significant demand for Cisco certs such as CCNA and CCNP.  Since
I have a good deal of networking experience and am a network admin primarily
on Cisco equipment, I've registered to take the CCNA, and will be doing so
in 2 weeks!

Thanks.