down they go

Thu, 23 May 2002 00:27:42 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

first m$ said that using their products can cause death[1], now they're
saying that the gov't can't mix Free Software and prop software[2]. Guess
they're trying to make sure everyone has to stop using their products.

Gee, my random sig seems appropos for this post.

ciao,

der.hans

[1] http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s%253D701%2526a%253D26875,00.asp,
"A senior Microsoft Corp. executive told a federal court last week that
sharing information with competitors could damage national security and even
threaten the U.S. war effort in Afghanistan. He later acknowledged that some
Microsoft code was so flawed it could not be safely disclosed." We know that
hidden holes are still security risks. Not telling anyone that you don't
lock your backdoor doesn't prevent someone from walking in.[3]

[2] http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60050-2002May22.html,
"... Microsoft has said using free software with commercial software might
violate the intellectual-property rights of companies such as Microsoft."

[3] Anyone know a link for the actual testamony? I'd like a full account of
what Allchin actually said.
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans