Training

Jeff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:51:20 -0700

I would like to help if I can. I make training courses in Flash for a living
so if someone wants to make up some storyboards and get me the screenshots
for each step, I can put it together in Flash and it would be just like
watching someone do it. Or I can make it interactive so you can actually go
through it and see what the process is like before actually doing it. It
would be just like a virtual machine, only in Flash. All you'd need to use
it would be to have the flash plug-in installed.

I'd be willing to put lots of time into it and we could put them on the
website for newbies to look through. All I'd really need is the screenshots
and maybe a few instructions on the order of things.

Is anyone interested in doing that?

I think it would be EXCELLENT help in linux and we could even do it for
separate applications as well. We could start archiving them and eventually
people from all over the linux community could be using them.

Anyways... just an idea.

In fact, I've been planning on doing it anyways, but just haven't found the
time to get all the instructions and screenshots together.

It would be so much easier than reading through just plain text instruction
steps.

Imagine going to the plug website, clicking on HELP or TUTORIALS or
something and actually opening up KDE right there on the website. Opening up
applications and looking through them as if they were real. That's what I
can do.