FIND Dr.NUŅEZ LETTER HERE!

Tue, 7 May 2002 00:19:25 -0700 (MST)

Am 06. May, 2002 schwätzte Victor Odhner so:

> They lose punctuation between words, but the
> accented letters are actually different letters
> (they have their own place in the alphabets),
> and the searches are sensitive to this.

And they should be :). ü is not u ( though it is ue in most cases ). When
there are known tranliterations, then it would be nice if they supported
that, e.g. Sperrmüll and Sperrmuell are the same thing.

To do that, they have to know it's in fact a German word. French also uses
some umlauts, but I don't think they use the 'tack an e after the vowel' way
of representing them. That would be funny because Citroën would become
Citroeen.

We just need to move to language sensitive Unicode and have search engines
for the culturally impaired ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans