Rename PLUG! (was Re: RMS (again))

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 03 May 2002 14:23:58 -0400

Oh, bother!

Let's not go round and round with this again.  Check the archives if you want to read the arguments about what "this OS that we love and use" should be called.  Then, if you have something new to say about it, by all means, say it.

IMHO, RMS needs to get over himself.  The "market" has spoken and the name is Linux.

Alan

On Fri, 3 May 2002 09:53:35 -0700 Gontran Zepeda <gontran@gontran.net> wrote:

% Kirt Karl (k.karl@asu.edu) wrote:

> the turnout as he's spoken here recently. He doesn't want the event to be in
> any way associated with a Linux users group (only if the official name of
> the group is GNU/Linux).

PLUG relabled to 'PGLUG'.  We could be doing the right thing [tm].

fwiw,
Gontran