RMS (again)

Joel Dudley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 May 2002 10:11:55 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F2C5.A0642000

Only if he takes some sensitivity training before he comes. Last time he was
here I had lunch with him and wanted to punch him in the nose within the
first 5 minutes. That is a big deal because I am so non-violent I don't even
kill bugs.

- Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirt Karl [mailto:k.karl@asu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 1:22 PM
To: 'plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us'
Subject: RMS (again)

Hello,

I'm a part of Information Technology at ASU's east campus (Williams Field
and Power in Mesa). By a few odd turns of events, I've been in contact with
RMS making arraignments for him to come back to the valley to speak (he was
hear last October if memory serves). The event would occur sometime in
September. He would be proved facilities at ASU (lecture hall...). In my
correspondence with him, he's expressed a few concerns. He's concerned about
the turnout as he's spoken here recently. He doesn't want the event to be in
any way associated with a Linux users group (only if the official name of
the group is GNU/Linux).

My questions to all of you are: Do you want him to come back to the valley
to speak in September? What do you think the turnout would be? What was done
for him last time he came here? Is anyone interested in helping to
coordinate the event (get the word out to other interested folks in Tucson
and Flagstaff and other groups like SAGE or the Perl users group)?

For my part, I can coordinate the ASU end of things and be an interface.
Possibly on campus publicity. I'm not sure what other resources are
necessary. Those of you who helped bring him last time will have some
insight for me I hope.

Let me know what your interest level is and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks, Kirt

--
W. Kirt Karl
Information Technology

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F2C5.A0642000

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>RMS (again)</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2713.1100" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=759390017-03052002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Only
if he takes some sensitivity training before he comes. Last time he was here I
had lunch with him and wanted to punch him in the nose within the first 5
minutes. That is a big deal because I am so non-violent I don't even kill
bugs.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=759390017-03052002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=759390017-03052002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>-
Joel</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Kirt Karl
  [mailto:k.karl@asu.edu]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, May 02, 2002 1:22
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> 'plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us'<BR><B>Subject:</B>
  RMS (again)<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <P><FONT size=2>Hello,</FONT> </P>
  <P><FONT size=2>I'm a part of Information Technology at ASU's east campus
  (Williams Field and Power in Mesa). By a few odd turns of events, I've been in
  contact with RMS making arraignments for him to come back to the valley to
  speak (he was hear last October if memory serves). The event would occur
  sometime in September. He would be proved facilities at ASU (lecture hall...).
  In my correspondence with him, he's expressed a few concerns. He's concerned
  about the turnout as he's spoken here recently. He doesn't want the event to
  be in any way associated with a Linux users group (only if the official name
  of the group is GNU/Linux). </FONT></P>
  <P><FONT size=2>My questions to all of you are: Do you want him to come back
  to the valley to speak in September? What do you think the turnout would be?
  What was done for him last time he came here? Is anyone interested in helping
  to coordinate the event (get the word out to other interested folks in Tucson
  and Flagstaff and other groups like SAGE or the Perl users group)? </FONT></P>
  <P><FONT size=2>For my part, I can coordinate the ASU end of things and be an
  interface. Possibly on campus publicity. I'm not sure what other resources are
  necessary. Those of you who helped bring him last time will have some insight
  for me I hope. </FONT></P>
  <P><FONT size=2>Let me know what your interest level is and if you have any
  suggestions.</FONT> </P>
  <P><FONT size=2>Thanks, Kirt</FONT> </P>
  <P><FONT size=2>--</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>W. Kirt Karl</FONT> <BR><FONT
  size=2>Information Technology</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>Arizona State
  University, East</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>Phone:&nbsp; (480) 727 - 1844</FONT>
  <BR><FONT size=2>Fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (480) 727 - 1197</FONT>
</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F2C5.A0642000--