RMS (again)

Kirt Karl plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 02 May 2002 13:22:18 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_3fDfTm1iU2eK4MRisZ23yQ)

Hello,

I'm a part of Information Technology at ASU's east campus (Williams Field
and Power in Mesa). By a few odd turns of events, I've been in contact with
RMS making arraignments for him to come back to the valley to speak (he was
hear last October if memory serves). The event would occur sometime in
September. He would be proved facilities at ASU (lecture hall...). In my
correspondence with him, he's expressed a few concerns. He's concerned about
the turnout as he's spoken here recently. He doesn't want the event to be in
any way associated with a Linux users group (only if the official name of
the group is GNU/Linux).

My questions to all of you are: Do you want him to come back to the valley
to speak in September? What do you think the turnout would be? What was done
for him last time he came here? Is anyone interested in helping to
coordinate the event (get the word out to other interested folks in Tucson
and Flagstaff and other groups like SAGE or the Perl users group)?

For my part, I can coordinate the ASU end of things and be an interface.
Possibly on campus publicity. I'm not sure what other resources are
necessary. Those of you who helped bring him last time will have some
insight for me I hope.

Let me know what your interest level is and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks, Kirt

--
W. Kirt Karl
Information Technology

--Boundary_(ID_3fDfTm1iU2eK4MRisZ23yQ)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>RMS (again)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm a part of Information Technology at ASU's east =
campus (Williams Field and Power in Mesa). By a few odd turns of =
events, I've been in contact with RMS making arraignments for him to =
come back to the valley to speak (he was hear last October if memory =
serves). The event would occur sometime in September. He would be =
proved facilities at ASU (lecture hall...). In my correspondence with =
him, he's expressed a few concerns. He's concerned about the turnout as =
he's spoken here recently. He doesn't want the event to be in any way =
associated with a Linux users group (only if the official name of the =
group is GNU/Linux). </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My questions to all of you are: Do you want him to =
come back to the valley to speak in September? What do you think the =
turnout would be? What was done for him last time he came here? Is =
anyone interested in helping to coordinate the event (get the word out =
to other interested folks in Tucson and Flagstaff and other groups like =
SAGE or the Perl users group)? </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>For my part, I can coordinate the ASU end of things =
and be an interface. Possibly on campus publicity. I'm not sure what =
other resources are necessary. Those of you who helped bring him last =
time will have some insight for me I hope. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Let me know what your interest level is and if you =
have any suggestions.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks, Kirt</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>--</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>W. Kirt Karl</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Information Technology</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Arizona State University, East</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Phone:&nbsp; (480) 727 - 1844</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (480) 727 - 1197</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>=

--Boundary_(ID_3fDfTm1iU2eK4MRisZ23yQ)--