[slightly OT] Advice on becoming an independent contractor

Peter Buechler plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:54:55 -0700

I've been working as an independent contractor part-time in addition to a
full-time job. The Feds really want to get their hands on your money. Make
sure you get 1040-ES and start shoveling money their way. Don't forget that
you need to pay the employer's part of social security as well as your own.
Maybe an accountant would be worth it, but I've been trying to make do
without one.