help with new OS

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:09:50 -0700

I have always had to use something like "Disk Manager from whoever made the
hard drive to remove the Linux partitions.  Fdisk sees them as virtual
partitions and will not remove them.

----- Original Message -----
From: "KevinO" <kevin_oconnor.geo@yahoo.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: help with new OS

Jim wrote:

> Yep - a MS os wont care what is on the hd - it will just take it all and
load
> itself onto it.

Not necessarily. The MS version of fdisk has always choked for me when
it tried to partition a disk with a filesystem it didn't recognize.

--
Kevin O'Connor

  "People will be free to devote themselves to activities that are fun ...

The GNU Manifesto - Copyright (C) 1985, 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc.