Windows Internet Connection Sharing

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:54:53 -0500

My router needed a keyboard to boot, so I had to
plug in a keyboard about once every 3-5 months.

In my experience (somewhere around 40 machine
years of Linux operation - 1 machine year =
1 box Linux 7x24x365), the only time I have had
problems in a reboot was when the power cord
was pulled.  The next reboot had some problems,
but I didn't detect them for over a day.  I
was still able to log in, did an init 6, and
then all was fine.  This was on a SuSE 7.3
box with ext2, reiserfs, and lvm, so I'm not
too surprised at the issue I had.

Linux is very consistent in its operation when
you use stable technology.

George