Cox and E-smith

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
18 Mar 2002 01:31:26 -0700

Tom I'm not using E-Smith but I am running mulitple boxes on cox with
only one cox ip address. if E-Smith is using a kernal that has ipchains
/ iptables on it it shouldn't be too hard just set up ipforwarding and
ipmasq on the firewall script. Hmmm you may want to check out these
howTos

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/index.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Cable-Modem/index.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html

They should get you up in running (for me it was longer to read the
HowTos than it was to set up and config everything)

Carl P.