website

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:02:44 -0700

I have a question about this site.

Are there tax liabilty ramifications for declaring myself a "merchant?"  If I
just want to sell a used computer I have sitting around, I don't think I want
to explicitly register as a merchant.  I am not in business to sell, I just
have something to sell.

I think there is a distinction there and this would make me reluctant to use
this site because I have to register as a merchant before I can sell anything.

Of course, anyone is welcome to correct me if I am wrong!

Alan