pcmcia nic ?

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:08:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
I just installed Slackware 8.0 but I cannot get my
eth0 interface up. I'm using a SpeedStream 10/100
cardbus nic and I'm not sure if the version of PCMCIA
card services (3.1.26) supports it. Below are a list
of errors.

"cardmanager[51] unsupported card in socket 0"
"configuring eth0 as 192.168.1.3"
"eth0: unkown interface: no such device"
"starting sysklogd daemons:
/usr/sbin/syslogdcardmgr[51]: product info: "Siemens",
"SpeedStream Cardbus 10/100"

the current kernel version is 2.2.19 should I update
to a newer kernel before worrying about the nic? I'm
dual booting so I can mount a fat32 partition. Any
ideas?