RH7.2 install weirdness

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:22:10 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Kevin Brown on 3/12/2002 00:28 as having spake thusly:
\_ [...]
\_ Searched google and all I found is people complaining about the
\_ dac960.o driver not compiling for the kernel, well that is all well
\_ and good, but I can't even get RH to install to rebuild the kernel.
\_
\_ So my question is, how the bloody hell do I get the RH installer to
\_ load the dac960.o module so it can find the RAID Array and let me
\_ install it?  I can use expert install mode, but don't have a copy
\_ of that module to put on a floppy for the installer to use.

There's a driver disk that you can put in; er, 'linux drivers' at the
first install prompt, IIRC.  That might have it in there.

Otherwise, get a copy of said module that is compatible with the
*installing* kernel (which may be different than the *installed*
kernel) wait till you get into a stage 2 prompt (say, at/before
package selection) then ctrl-alt-f2 (f1?)  and get to the shell
prompt.  Then insmod it in.  YMMV.

David