CD burner software

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 23:46:21 -0500

x-cdroast

You run as root one time and configure it to let non-root use it.

On the point of not wanting to log in as root (grip comes to mind),
you can add that filename to your sudoers list (you do have sudo
installed, right?), and run whatever you want as an unpriv user.
WARNING: Abusing sudo may lead to a less secure system.

Another problem with grip is that it would not read track 18 of
a CD, so I wrote a script to rip and encode a disk all automatically,
and with little intervention.  Anyone care to review it?

George