SPARC IDE support

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:20:31 -0700

According to the many web sites I looked over trying to find the answer to my
question: Yes.  The hitch being that it has to be an IDE CD-ROM drive that
strickly follows the ATAPI standards.  Several sites claimed that older and
cheap CD-ROM drives do not follow the standards fully and the SPARC OpenBoot
has problems with them.

I have NO experience with this, I am just spouting what I have been reading.

Alan