postgreSQL permission problems

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:49:59 -0700

Srs, I just unsubscribe from this list, although I'm still receiving emails.
Can someone unsubscribe me?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Starke [mailto:meg@lilly.csoft.net]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 2:29 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: postgreSQL permission problems

Right before Derek replied I figured out the pg_hba file right.
So her was right on. although I have it fairly wide open, I'm able to
get in and evaluate the program.

I do have one question: Someone posted earlier this week about
postgres utilizing the GRANT & REVOKE statements. In MySQL, it is pretty
straightforward (at least to me) what happens when you issue GRANT
statements.
How is this handled in postgreSQL? Does it make entries in a table
somewhere, or does
it manipulate the pg_hba file? Or?

v/r
mike