Help getting experience

MCR plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

I have a question to ask of the group.  Maybe a favor,
so to speak.  I am starting my junior year at ASU in
Computer Science.  Right now I work in a Hotel, and I
really don't like my job.  I keep trying to apply for
jobs in the computer field, however I have never had a
job of this type before, which is making it difficult
for me.

My question is would anyone be willing or able to help
me get experience, so I can get a job in the Computer
field.  I am highly interested in Networking, but any
work involving computers would be good.  I am working
toward a career as a software engineer, so even
programming would work. If someone would be willing,
the idea I have is if someone would be willing to take
me on as an apprentice for a couple of months
to teach me the "ropes".  I would be willing to work
part-time, and for free, in exchange for the knowledge
and a recommendation /reference if it is deserved.

If you think you might be able to help me, please
contact me off list at:
             mike1071@yahoo.com.

                       Thank You,

                       mike