Apache, JSP and Jakarta setup question

Alpha Zenon Sanchez plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:10:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Linux Users:

1. I wanted to play around (test develop and teach
myself)
some Java Servlets Programming **Locally Without**
having to configure Apache
and Linux to work as a Network server. Is this
possible?

2. Can Apache serve .html pages and .jsp pages to a
local computer even if it is not
   configured to be on the network?  My idea is to use
the computer's loopback address
   to emulate a 'network' setting for Apache, my
computer and the browswer.  Is this
   possible?

3. If not possible, am i stuck to learn Samba and need
a 'true' client/server environment
   with a server and a workstation to develop .jsp
pages?

I plan to use Apache, Jakarta Tomcat and MySQL for
testing and learning.
I'm currently using Redhat 7.2 and KDE as a desktop
environment.

Thanks in advance....

BTW - any DeVry guys out there?

=====