Plug logo

slr plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:18:36 -0700

ok i sent the png image to my graphic guy, we will refer to him from now on as
"Austin" (the name has been changed to protect his innocence), and this was
his response:

this is the same .gif inside of a .png document...

vector images are made of lines and math, keeping high quality no matter
how large or small you resize the image.

raster images are made of many many dots or pixels of only 257 different
colors, so when you enlarge these images, they get choppy or "pixilated"

so he is more than happy to donate some of his time to this long overdue
project. YEAH!!!!

slr