modem configuration

Page greer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:38:33 -0700

I've got aanew modem  that for some reason I can't get to con figure Im
running  Dual. boot system With Xp And Suse  8.0 pro The reason I got the
new modem is  the isp had there # s changed and the weren 't  told   It
supposed to be really easy under yastY to do this I've had it on-line
with Xp . But for some reason it wont initiate. Suse uses SUSE meta as
pppd  and it was working under KDE 3.0   I've red all through Suse
manuals and cant find there Docs on Suse meta or the smppppd file its
under I cant find the dumb file in the  Command line     under root
either  any body got any idea's   ITS a zoom modem off suse's
capatablelist