Monster Truck Version: InstallFest Radio Ad RC1 ;-)

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 22:54:35 -0700

On Sunday 02 June 2002 07:33 pm, John (EBo) David wrote:
> Matt Alexander wrote:

> > > Loved it!! From the tone I half expect Tux to be there in his monster
> > > truck steamrolling over discarded Windoze CD's to the cheers of a
> > > delighted crowd!
> >
> > As you wish:
> >
> > http://plug.netpro.to/radio/monster-truck-version.mp3
>
> ummm... huh.  Maybe we could get some people together to make a spinnoff
> paridy of Ozzy Fudd (the Wabbit Swawer) doing "Kill da Wabbit".  Each of
> the distro's could be a different sigger -- I see it now the battle of
> the Tux's and M$!!!!
>
> ... Gentoo: Pink Tux (after Pink Floyd)
> ... Debian: Tux Manson (after Marolyn Manson)
> ... Linux router project: Tuxstien (after Romstien)
>

> and yes, you to can nominat your own favorite Tux's for the battle of
> the distro's vs/ the evil M$ ;-)
>
>   EBo --

We take you now live to Caesar's Palace for the Monster Truck Face-Off!!

Tonight's match is between the "Gates from Hell X Truck" and the "Roaring
Penquin".

Now down to the field for our pre-game show.

ANNOUNCER: "Matt, how is this grudge match between the Gates truck and the
Penquin shaping up?"

MATT: "Gates took quite a beating from the Penquin last time out, but tonight
the M$ Team has a brand new truck. A lot of money went into this baby, you
can be sure of that!"

ANS: "Gates has spared no expense on the finish, but it takes more than good
looks to beat the Penquin. What is Gates' advantage this time, Matt?"

MATT: Well, Gates is being pretty secretive about what's under the hood. It
will take more than good looks to beat the Penquin., that's for sure. The
reboot in the final seconds of the last round cost Gates dearly."

ANS: "That's right, the Penquin sure knows how to get the last ounce of
performance from any hardware at hand. Oh, oh, I head a commotion down in the
Linux pit. What's going on Matt?

MATT: RMS has just walked into the pit and is demanding that the name of the
truck be changed!"

ANS: Isn't that Linux Torvalds standing off to the side?"

MATT: "Yes. Linus, what's your reaction to this confrontation? "It's just a
name, I don't care what it is called."

ANS: We'll be right back after this public service announcement from the BSA."