PLUG and Cox Cable

RJV plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

You might want to cycle your power on the cable modem.

I had similar problems when migrating from one linux box to another linux
box.  Spent hours trying to figure it out.  Powered down then powered up
the cable modem and everything worked.  I think the cable modems are
recognizing ethernet cards and holding onto the data, causing problems
when you try to connect another machine with a different hardware
ethernet.

Cox certainly doesn't care if you run Linux...

-- RJV --					..ooOO miracle@procyon.com

-- Institution of Postgraduate Education - Graduation 2001
-- Institution of Undergraduate Education - Alumnus 1997

The opinions expressed in any email originating from this account are the
sole opinions of the author.  They do not reflect the opinions or policies
of any institution or individuals other than myself.