repartition

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Jul 2002 12:25:09 -0700

There are sevral tools to to repartition, but I think only a ReiserFS
volume can be resized while it is live.. but they don't recommend it.

depending on the filesystem there is
- GNUparted - http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html
- resize2fs
- resizereiserfs - http://www.reiserfs.org/
Newer versions of partition magic also have the capabilities to resize
Linux (Ext2 and Swap) volumes. -
http://www.partitionmagic.com/partitionmagic/

I have used the first 3 without any problems at all, and would recommend
GNUparted, it has support just just about everything and seems to work
well.

Brian Cluff