We need a show system

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:42:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> We need to put together a 3 or 4 workstation demo LTSP setup that we can
> have at shows and conferences like this.  Some boot KDE.  Some boot
> GNOME.  Each slightly customized (wallpaper, whatever) but all running from
> the server.  All running OpenOffice, etc.

I agree. Any LAN party-freaks wanna help build something for us? I have a
non-light transport case that can be donated to the cause.

> In my efforts at Linux promotion, I am finding that management and IT
> people are VERY interested in the LTSP setup.  I am starting to think that
> this is the "killer application" for getting Linux into businesses.

I believe you are correct.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Use PLUG form to get into the Phoenix IT Business Expo Thu and Fri.