IT Biz Expo - Reports?

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:40:20 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. Jul, 2002 schwätzte alandd@mindspring.com so:

> Any reports from the Expo yet?  Do we have enough bodies to staff the booth?

We did OK and it looks like we have more people helping tomorrow.

Lots of contacts. Several .edu-types want us to come present on campus.
Several businesses talked about how they're using GNU/Linux. Many companies
are interested in LTSP. At least one place is converting to GNU/Linux for
the desktop.  A few more charities and such for AZOTO to help out. I think
we're providing a large part of the crowd. That should get some notice as
well.

Great contacts for a few excellent presentations. BTW, the Aug meetings will
be on clustering. Announcement probably next week, but I might get it out
tonight.

The GNU buttons went over well. We need demos. We needed to have InstallFest
2 and the classes ready to advertise.

We're representing ourselves quite admirably. We're not trying to shove
sales down anyone's throat.

We need to get AZOTO going so they can underwrite purchases of geek snacks
for these types of events! Food goes over well :).

We need good demos. LTSP is probably the killer app for this type of thing.

Thanks to Thurman, Kimi, Michelle, Jim, Derek, and Vic for staffing the
booths. They are right next to each other, so we can collude ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Use PLUG form to get into the Phoenix IT Business Expo Thu and Fri.