Help! Boot problem in RedHat

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
25 Jul 2002 21:09:44 -0700

When your dumped back to init 3, log in as root (or not.  I would and
you'll see why) and runn a quick "ps auwwx|grep xfs" to make sure the
font server is running (you may have to "startx" from another console)
and if it's not, "/etc/init.d/xfs restart".
Sorry for the sketchy details but it's hard to explain.  Simply: check
that the X font server is running.

--
Bryce Chidester
Network Administrator