Fax/message solutions

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:41:30 -0400 (EDT)

Bayonne looks like it's for mid level TAPI systems,
like these bad boys:
http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/telecom/boards/index.htm
http://www.tti.net/computer-telephony/dialogic.html

Any idea if it works with plain old modems? I'm
looking for something to upgrade from an answering
machine. The faxback system in Bayonne looks
pretty tempting.

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> > Funny you should mention this. Someone at the
> > West Side meeting asked about this exact topic
> > last night, and I am interested in doing it as
> > well. The best I've found so far is VOCP:
> > http://vocp.sourceforge.net/index.html
>
> It looks pretty cool but Bayonne is a full telephony application server,
> www.gnu.org/software/bayonne/ I forgot the link in last email.
>
> -derek

 "We need commonsense judges who understand that our rights were
 derived from God. Those are the kind of judges I intend to put on
 the bench." President George W. Bush, 27 June 2002
 http://www.nando.net/politics/story/453192p-3627921c.html

 "no religious Test shall ever be required" Constitution Article 6
 http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDERAL/usconst/art-6.html