Connecting Two Computers

Clayton Stapleton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:16:59 -0700

Thanks again, I have had problems getting on the internet but that is solved
now.

Both computers are now using SuSE Linux 8.0.

The problem was that that I used "static address setup" instead of
"Automatic adress setup (via DHCP)" on the computer with the modem. Once
I changed to the "Automatic adress setup (via DHCP)" everything started to
work fine.

Computer 1 has been assigned 192.168.0.1 and computer 2 192.168.0.2
with computer 1 used as the gateway for computer 2. I can ping between the
two and ping the internet with both. Now I will have to learn how to make use
of this setup. Using SuSe's YaST2 the netmask is automatically assigned.

Clay Stapleton