Device Configuration Guru Needed NOW!

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:59:41 -0700

I met today with someone who's looking for some
quick device configuration help under Red Hat 7.3.
You can become part of this project:

... it's a general purpose mobile computing platform,
based on Linux.  It contains a cell phone, a GPS
device, a hard disk, and single-chip PC.

He's talking to one device via USB and having
a little trouble; he found a new USB driver but
would like a solid Red Hat guy to take care of
the installation.  It's a Prolific Technology
PL2303 USB to Serial convertor.

Also, he's looking for help interfacing to a
PCMCIA 802.11b network card.  What he's got is
a Linksys WCF-12, but he's flexible on that.

So what we need is someone who's really comfortable
with building systems under Red Hat; is used to
plugging pieces together on the breadboard; and
has some perspective on the above types of devices.

Contact me by phone THIS EVENING if you may be
able to work with him tomorrow!  I'm at 602-867-4785.

I'm hoping to do some scripting and other application
work on this project, but first we need a real solid
Linux system-builder.

Thanks,

Vic