GLUE Info

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:46:06 -0500 (CDT)

I had seen GLUE (Groups of Linux Users Everywhere) before, but never
really paid much attention.  Somehow I stumbled across it again today and
thought I would mention it.

a. We are listed but the information is horridly out dated in the
'featured GLUE Member' section, and listed again below as 'Other
LUG' (perhaps someone could rectify this)

http://www.ssc.com:8080/glue/groups/us/arizona

b. There is a guide from the ALE folks that put on ALS (a LUG created
tradewshow)  This might be worth reading for ideas of InstallFests and
such.

http://www.ssc.com:8080/glue/ale/

c. They give some cool ideas to maintaining a growing LUG, we do a lot of
these but we can always improve.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/User-Group-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.3

d. They provide a checklist of what a LUG should have on its web page.
Perhaps our webmaster coudl verify we have the vitals (in case we are
missing some)

http://www.ssc.com:8080/glue/webpage

e. On their homepage they have several links to offers to GLUE members,
mostly swag for meetings and such, we might want to investigate them as a
resource.

http://www.ssc.com:8080/glue

Then on another note, I got some email from the Victoria LUG
(http://www.vlug.org) vice president about a linking project.

At one time it was mentioned we should have links to Linux stuff, and the
VLUG has done a good job of this creating a Linux Like Yahoo with over
3000 links.  It is completely GPL (the data and the software) you can see
it in action here:

http://loll.sourceforge.net/linux/links/

Also, I noticed that the VLUG has a consultants listing (another thing we
discussed here I think)

Anyhow just some suggestions.  Being pulled too many directions to follow
up on any of them myself.

-Derek