PCMCIA driver problem...

Patrick Chesser plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:58:28 -0700

I have run into a samll problem and I was wondering if you could help me,

Ok, here's my problem. I just installed RedHat 7.3 on a Thinkpad 600x
with a
Linksys PCMCIA card. I also installed the latest PCMCIA-CS package, but
the
drivers it come with still aren't right.

So, I found an updated version of the tulip driver that my card requires
(according to Linksys). My problem is that I can't get it compiled.

I'm supposed to compile it with the following command:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c -o tulip_cb.o
`[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`
-DCARDBUS

When I enter that, as once command, I get the error "gcc: cannot
specify -o
with -c or -S and multiple compilations"

Help?  I just am not sure what that means.
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated...  Thank you.

Patrick