Questions about old hardware

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:44:18 -0700

I have no answers about the CPU for the Dell.

I am running Smoothwall on a 486DX 100MHz machine.  If the Compaq is a DX
(ie, has the math co-processor) you shouldn't have any trouble.  If it is
an SX, the standard binary distribution of Smoothwal or IPCop will not
install on it.

My Smoothwall box runs great as firewall to my DSL, PPPoE connection.

Alan