GCC Next Step - Help Please

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 08:39:54 -0700

Hi, All-

I currently use the Corel Linux OS, and I am not entirely sure that
Open Office is even compatible with this, as the version of Debian on
which it is based is fairly archaic. I use WordPerfect 2000 for my
office suite. I plan on installing StarOffice in the future, but that
will not happen until I install Mandrake 8.2.

Now, I said all that to say this; publishing your documents in Open
Office format will not force me to install Open Office- it will
effectively bar me from reading your documents. Also, I have to say
it- publishing documents in a specific format with the intent of
forcing potential readers to install specific software sounds more
like something Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer might propose- not like
something I would hear from my freedom-loving PLUG amigos;-)
--
Lee Einer

http://members.cox.net/appealsman/