ThizLinux

Fred Wright plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:30:23 -0700

According to http://www.thizlinux.com/eng/company/profile.html they are a
Hong Kong Company with a primary focus on that market.  I wonder what kind
of deal Fry's struck to choose this distro over a more mainstream one.

Pricing at http://www.thizlinux.com/eng/ordering/order.html looks a bit
expensive for an individual-oriented distro.

Thiz Linux Desktop 6.0                  $188
Thiz Office 3.0                         $299
Thiz Server 4.3                         $799
Thiz Linux Desktop 5.0 User Manual      $118
Thiz Office 2.0 User Manual             $129

At 04:10 PM 7/20/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Message: 13
>Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:53:06 -0700 (MST)
>From: "der.hans" <PLUGd@LuftHans.com>
>To: quatsch <PLUG-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
>Subject: ThizLinux
>
>moin, moin,
>
>does anyone know anything about this dist?
>
>http://www.ThizLinux.com/eng/index.php
>
>I've gotten a couple of questions about machines purchased at Frys with
>ThizLinux on them. What boxen are they coming on?
>
>Looks like we definitely need think about hitting up Frys for support for IF2.
>
>ciao,
>
>der.hans
>--
>#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
>#  "Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but
>#  that is not the reason we are doing it." -- Richard Feynman

Fred Wright
fawright@earthlink.net