Browser behavior (Was Re: Interesting Article)

Cap Bateman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
20 Jul 2002 09:13:47 -0700

--=-5jkAwNcHFEcaDxSzvrGs

On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 07:25, Victor Odhner wrote:
> Where it especially burns me is when the destination is
> the address line of a browser.  When you click onto the
> address line, the whole line is highlighted.  In Windows/Mac,
> you can then use ^C to replace the address line with what
> is in the clipboard.  Under X, you've blown it at this point --
> the clipboard now contains what you wanted to replace.
>=20

Vic,=20

Give this a try. It works in every browser I've tried it in; Galeon,
Konq, Mozilla 0.9.8 and 1.0. I use Mandrake so I'm hoping this is a
Gecko related behavior and not Mandrake's doing.

Highlight this address http://slashdot.org  then go to your browser and
click the middle button (both buttons together if you have a two button
mouse) on the body of the page. Not on the address bar, but in the web
page display itself.

It removes the old address and places your highlighted text all in one
swell foop.

HTH,

--=20
D.L. 'Cap' Bateman
Registered Linux User #268440, Machine #151687
No trees were harmed in sending this Earth-safe message.
However, a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.

--=-5jkAwNcHFEcaDxSzvrGs

--=-5jkAwNcHFEcaDxSzvrGs--