Interesting Article - Linux users going back to $M

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:19:43 -0700

Install OpenOffice.org 1.0.  No command line required.  It has yet to crash
on me.  On a 200MHz Pentium, 128MB RAM, KDE 3.0, Red Hat 7.3.  I use it
several times a week to read and edit MS Word and Excel files I get from
people producing them with MS Office (2000 and XP) tools.  Once, on a
complex vendor quote, it reproduced the file with 2 graphic lines out of
place.  Utterly smooth otherwise.

However, I agree that a great many apps on Linux do still require a command
line.  OpenOffice.org 1.0 is proof that this is improving.

Alan