Question for Mandrakers

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Derek Neighbors <derek@gnue.org> wrote:
> Put in a Debian GNU/Linux Woody CD.  Reboot machine
> follow directions. Use
> apt-get update; apt-get upgrade regularly.  Sit back
> enjoy your GNU/Linux
> experience.
>
> Yeah thats the ticket.

They won't like it though. The Mandrake GUI bootup
won't scare them away like the penguin holding the
glass of beer CLI bootup would :). Also correct me if
I'm wrong but Debian didn't seem that current. Granted
I didn't spend that much time with Debian in my search
for the "perfect distribution" (Which didn't even turn
out to be a linux distribution but was instead
FreeBSD). Even Ian Jackson didn't seem to impressed
with the way Debian is going after reading the
interview at debianplanet.com.