Maricopa County mtg report

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:37:11 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

sorry for taking so long to get this sent out.

Here are Lin's corrections/clarifications for my notes.

lin> As promised, here are the only clarifications I would make for you and
lin> complete for you.
lin>
lin> 	The other two women were Nancy Corbett and Mary Browning, both of my
lin> office.
lin>
lin> 	The company name is spelled McDonnell-Douglas.
lin>
lin> 	I was Chief Architect at M-D and was "among" the chief
lin> proponents/influencers for converging on UNIX.
lin>
lin> 	I was also a UNIX/C programmer for six years using several versions
lin> and being involved at all levels including the kernel and file system.
lin>
lin> 	Relative to architecture, I said it was not my prerogative to
lin> "override" the technology domain groups.
lin>
lin> 	The top award was the national Government Performance Project.  Here
lin> is their URL
lin>
lin>
lin> http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/gpp/County%27s_2002/Press_Releases/maricopa.ltr.pdf
lin>
lin> 	Out "A" rating for IT was only one of two given in the United
lin> States.
lin>
lin> 	Relative to XML, we are already using it in the Justice and Law
lin> Enforcement area.
lin>
lin> 	We are moving toward a "sophisticated seat management strategy".  We
lin> are not completely there yet, but have most of the pieces in place.
lin>
lin> 	The e-learning standard I referred to is indeed SCORM -- which is
lin> XML-based by the way.
lin>
lin> 	We generally publish RFPs which are platform neutral and then
lin> consider the various alternatives provided by the vendor responses.
lin>
lin> 	The layered design product with Websphere is spelled "Versata".
lin>
lin> 	The unawareness regarding XML and spreadsheets was for me only.  I
lin> have come to learn that my staff is aware of that.  Thus it is me and not
lin> "they".
lin>
lin> 	Relative to proficiency with MS tools (e.g. Office), some jobs
lin> require proficiency--certainly not all jobs.
lin>
lin> 	Paul was being funny about the County being a "figment".  All
lin> counties in Arizona are considered extensions of the state with varying
lin> degrees of independence based upon the particular function.
lin>
lin> 	The $100M annual IT budget to which I refer includes labor and
lin> non-labor, both operational and capital investment.

I apologize for the info I noted incorrectly and thank Lin and Paul for
reviewing my notes and getting me the corrections.

ciao,

der.hans

Am 09. Jul, 2002 schwätzte der.hans so:

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we