OT: LAN party this Saturday (7/20)

Bill Nash plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:00:52 +0000 (UTC)

When:	Saturday, 7/20/2002, 11pm to 6am
Where:  Gamer's Edge
	2144 N Arizona Ave B-22
	Chandler, AZ
	480-812-3980

Entry: 10 bucks if you bring your own machine, 15 bucks if you reserve an
in-house machine. If you're not gaming, it's five bucks to stay past
midnight. Pizza will be available at a buck a slice, as well as drinks and
munchies for sale behind the counter.

Counter-Strike and Armagetron tournaments are planned. We've got some
premium (and signed!) Lady Death comics for prizes. Armagetron is free,
you can get it at http://armagetron.sourceforge.net (Win32 *and* X),
moviepacks are highly recommended. Tournament will be internal cam only!
Counter-Strike is not free, you can pick up a CD cheaply at any retail
outlet that carries computer games. Bring your own CD key! Tournament will
be four or five man teams, format as yet undetermined.

Bring a powerstrip and ALL CABLES for your hardware. If you don't have an
ethernet cable, we can make you one for five bucks. Headphones are highly
recommended. There will be people of the Unix persuasion floating around
(myself included), so if you don't feel like gaming, and want to yak about
your Linux install, you can do that to.

Yes, there's a T1 in house, so if you're trapped in dialup hell and want
an evening to grab files, you can do that too. If you're planning on
attending to download a huge ISO of something, lemme know what it is, I'll
grab it beforehand to keep the CS players from screaming 'lag!'.
Wireless? Why, of course.

Limited space available, so RSVP to rayp@gamersedgeonline.com. You can
email me with questions or supermodel phone numbers.

- billn