Wireless Problem

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
14 Jul 2002 17:15:26 -0700

Besides copying them to your HD locally, no.  I only have my personal
experience to give.  I have found that often, mp3 playing programs are
actively streaming the audio the entire time.  This means tremendous
amounts of traffice because every second, roughly 128Kb has to be
transferred and no matter what you say or the 802.11b rating is, your
not going to get 11Mbs because that's megabits and TCP/IP is, as far as
I know, the most inefficient protocol in use.