IF2 - Sun Sponsorship

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:18:54 -0400 (EDT)

AFAIK, the current confirmed list is:
Sun
RedHat (Curtis and Scott confirmed at the County
       meeting, and mentioned they are working on an
       Install Fest knowledge base. Thanks guys!)

A little short at this point - think it will
grow fast once we secure the location. I think
it's time to start talking to other potential
locations other than GCC.

Also worth considering alternative tactics.
I wrote up a from the cuff proposal that Maricopa
provide the location in exchange for special
treatment at Install Fest (their own tables
and a dedicated instructor). Looks like that's
not going to work with Maricopa, but could work
for some corporation. Somebody mentioned Intel
is big on Linux. I'll ask Sun (they must have
relationships with some convention centers in
town).

Basic feature list we need is (AFAIK):
  2000 - 4000 Square Feet
  20 - 40 Tables
  Lots of Electric
Bonuses:
  DSL
  SVGA Projector & Screen

I'll post a full status report on IF2 in a few
hours.