MS XML (was Re: Maricopa County mtg report)

Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:10:50 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> I haven't actually seen them, but I'd lay heavy odds
> Microsoft's XML formats are not open, they are just
> as hard to interpret as .doc. Many organizations use
> XML to allow human readability. Microsoft is using
> it to for interop with other Microsoft products.

Let's check into this. Presumably the government could setup their own
schema and save using that, right?

How well do programs that work under GNU/Linux handle this? The LDP HOWTO
HOWTO might cover that.

What are the default formats for the various FS/OSS programs? Can they
read/write each other's native formats? Is there a push to standardize on a
particular format for specific functionality, e.g. word processor XML
schema, spreadsheet schema, SQL schema, etc.

cioa,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then