County Forum Questions

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:21:30 -0400 (EDT)

You raise good points.

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Jim wrote:

> IMHO, I think the first question should be:
> does the county intend to follow its own purchasing procedures.

Something like:

MC1-902 is a clause in the Maricopa County procurement procedures
that provides for the treatment of high-risk vendors, including
convicted criminals and companies which engage in illegal business
practices. Microsoft is a major vendor to Maricopa County, and has
been found in violation of federal anti-trust laws. Does Maricopa
County intend to begin the debarment process against Microsoft?

> The next question should be:
> how can debarment proceedings be initiated against Microsoft.

Perhaps:

If so, what is the appropriate first step in the process, when
will it be taken, and how can we follow the proceeding?

> From there, a good discussion can develop about how deeply
> entrenched the county is with MS and how best it can extricate
> itself.

I think this is what the current questions do - do
you agree?