Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement

Thu, 4 Jul 2002 01:28:50 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Gary Nichols so:

> From my previous experience in these types of situations, we would need to
> do the following:
>
> 1) Appoint at least two people to speak on our behalf.  That way if
> $person1 doesn't show up $person2 can take over with the same material and
> not miss a beat.

True. It's best to have a couple of people ready for prepared presentations
if we're given the opportunity. I'm not certain that will be the case, but
we need to be ready.

> 2) DO YOUR RESEARCH.  Make it clear.  You need to establish:

We must be informed.

> 	a) Why are we all here?
> 	b) Define the problem in depth.
> 	c) Show why the problem is a problem - future expenses and
> ramifications.
> 	d) Suggest a resolution
> 	e) Show examples of how this resolution has worked in other
> similar areas
> 	f) Show hardcare dollar savings over at least a 5-year period.
> 3) Handouts are nice - people (especially in government) are used to
> getting lots of handouts with pretty charts, graphs, etc.  Things need to
> be in 'executive summary' format.  Just the facts.

Having handouts is a great idea. As much as I dislike dead tree format, it's
a great idea.

> 4) Speak in a clear, enthusiastic voice.  Keep eye contact. SMILE.  You're
> there to assist red-cross-ish style, not greasy-used-carsalesman style.
> 5) Offer follow-up time, provide contact information, and have fun.

Yes. Our spokepeople need to be able to respond over the next few weeks if
there are any questions coming back to us. Others can certainly help with
those responses.

Do we want a specific PLUG mail alias we can give Paul and crew?

feedback@PLUG.phoenix.az.us?
debarment@PLUG.phoenix.az.us?
outreach@PLUG.phoenix.az.us?

contact@PLUG.phoenix.az.us is already used for general contact stuff, so I'd
prefer not to muddy it with a one-time topic.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,