That 2-headed (monster), err install, last Saturday

slr plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:12:37 -0700

On Monday 01 July 2002 06:49 pm, geneous@bigfoot.com wrote:
> My first attempt at RPMing 1.0.8 called for .lib dependies.  Two
> itertions later RPM was satisfied with the collection of 5 or 6 .rpms I
> downloaded from the ximian site.

ok, it sounds like you handled the deps issue correctly.

> I tried the debug run as suggested.  Unfortunately, the times it got
> as far as bringing up the main window, it instantly gave me this
> message in the shell:
> evolution-shell-WARNING **: CORBA exception
> IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell/InvalidURI:1.0 when requesting URI --
> debug=tmp/evolve4.log

is this a type-o in the email or did you forget the / in front of tmp
--debug=tmp/evolve4.log ? this could be why there was no debug info file
created. the path should be --debug=/tmp/evolve4.log. i havent personally
this option, but you have to create an empty file first, as i do not know if
the --debug option will create the file specified.

i know i asked you not to run evolution as root, for debug reasons. because we
wanted to see why evolution was failing for your user. but i would like to
see if evolution will run as root, and if it does start as root then there
may be a permission issue going on here.

BTW your /home isnt a NFS share is it?

slr